My First Build

It's finally up and running!

After nearly a year of sometimes half-hearted research, endless trips to dozens of computer shops and hundreds of recommendation lists downloaded, I have finally gotten my PC up and running.

Finally there is an end product to the number of times I dismantled and reassembled the old PC at home while I was unemployed just to see where all the individual hardware pieces went.

The costliest addition so far has been the processor by a large margin. When I first had the idea of having a PC, the plan was always to go with a slightly less powerful but cheaper AMD, but fast forward twelve months later... and ta da!

Intel Core  i5-2500 processor
As far as processors go, this is close to the highest I can go without having to pay nearly RM1000. In any case, it's a pretty good processor and I'm quite happy with it.

So, after two days of fiddling around with the CPU...


I managed to get it working! Could have been much faster if it weren't for the dodgy internet connection at my place. I will not forget sitting at the stairwell at 3AM in the morning desperately trying to get a signal on my phone so I could Google why certain things weren't running as they should.

I've yet to get myself a graphics card and intend to add another stick of 4GB memory, but I think it's better to put that on hold until my next pay day. I don't intend to eat grass for the next three weeks.

But yeay! It's done! My first ever build! At the age of 23! Coming from a guy who supposedly studied IT!

P.S.: Props to the folks over at Toms Hardware. Articles? Brilliant. Forums? Excellent. Nuff said.

Comments

  1. Nice, nice. Somebody's ready for Modern Warfare 3? Hahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! I'm ready to kick ass! (pardon the language) :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. N.E.R.D ALERT! hahahahaha. :P good to know 4 years of IT education didn't go down the drain!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts